Sunday, March 25, 2012

MOVE MOUNTAINS

I am excited about the season that I am in. GOD is truly able to move each and every mountain in our way. I have decided to go back to practicing yoga. Something I have not done since I had the stroke. I am also transforming my family's diet to a gluten free diet.
Have you ever made a subconscious decision or you are going through something you just can not share and someone just shows up in your path and knows all about it?   That happened yesterday.  At Great Grandma's house, I met a wonderful, intelligent, family friend who had suffered a traumatic brain injury like me. We talked about the residual effects even after years. We talked about compensation strategies, managing disappointments from such a traumatic life event and preserving joy through it all. It was a sister in the spirit moment for which I am truly blessed. Keep positive.... stay focused and STRIVE DAILY.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how everyone has a twin in the world who knows exactly what you are going through and can give you words of wisedom?

Unknown said...

It used to be uncomfortable when I felt...forced...to tell my story.

Over the years, people who wanted to know details looked horrified as I spoke. Oh, they had comments too!

But one day I was lost for words.

I got tired of the cringes, shocking looks and unintelligent critical comments...I finally got the courage to stare them back in their faces... with all the pride I could gather and say;

"HEY, I'M AN INTRACRANIAL DIVA!...just give thanks that I am even sitting here talking to you...in what I call, MY right mind.

It may take me a little longer to think things through and then make it happen. But with God's help...I do make it happen.

Meeting Nicole was a breath of fresh air.

I was able to be...just me! She made me feel accepted for who I am today.

I have been Blessed to spend time with her and I look forward to a Summer of getting to know her better.

It's elevating to have an intelligent conversation with a sister of a like mind.

I am inspired by Nicole's motivation to STRIVE DAILY!

She will always be a HERO in my history book of life!